Sunday 26 February 2012

Review: Emeli Sande - Our Version of Events





Bit of a different post this time around, but I'm feeling lost on what to write about. If anyone has any suggestions, I'd gladly appreciate it!


Emeli Sande has been on the radar since her collaboration with Professor Green in October '11 but has been on the music scene as far back as 2008 with her abundance of musical talent. I have to say right away that this woman's voice is perfection. If I could possibly describe it it would be a gritty version of Beyonce's.


Having been played incessantly (but welcomingly) on most radio stations, I had to run out in buy this the moment it came on sale - well in the figurative sense as I ordered it on iTunes and I am glad I did!


Harrowing, heartfelt lyrics compose 'Our Version of Events' into a lyrical master piece. Encompassing the epic 'Read All About Part III', the edgy 'Daddy' and heartfelt 'My Kind of Love' this is my album for winter 2012. Her voice is strong, powerful and echoing and the perfect album for mouthing along to when you're down and out. Please tell me I'm not the only one who does that! Her lyrics are simultaneously morose and uplifting; her melodies calm and climatic; her voice soft and loud. An album that truly shows of an immense talent. 


With a voice as good as it is and a song-writing ability to die for, I except we'll be seeing a lot of Miss Sande in the coming future! 

No comments:

Post a Comment